These Happy Golden Years
This little house book is somewhat conclusive of all books that describe Laura’s journey with her family across the various places where the family get through the challenges together and stay happy with each other. But now, as Laura gets the certificate to teach she now has to leave home and teach while staying away from home for about 21 miles. Though she gets a hard time staying away from her family she still starts managing so that she could pay for her sister Mary’s tuition charges of college for blinds. She finds fun in activities like singing, and sleigh riding. Though these are quite fun action filled activities, Laura finds the best time when she is with Almanzo while helping him drive his buggy with her.
The storybook ends up with the friendship of Laura and Almanzo developing into the Romantic journey of life. As the title of the story, Laura concludes all the golden moments of her life in a beautiful way and Cherry Jones has narrated it very well.
In all these books the author has developed the story well and gives a complete look of how the two came near to each other after getting into the life struggles and events that made them closer friends. This book definitely concludes their love life and give a pre-cursor for a beginning of the future life.
List book in the series
- Little House in the Big Woods Audiobook: Little House, Book 1
- Farmer Boy Audiobook: Little House, Book 2
- Little House on the Prairie Audiobook: Little House, Book 3
- On the Banks of Plum Creek Audiobook: Little House, Book 4
- By the Shores of Silver Lake Audiobook: Little House, Book 5
- The Long Winter Audiobook: Little House, Book 6
- Little Town on the Prairie: Little House Book 7
- These Happy Golden Years: Little House Book 8