Little House in the Big Woods
The Little House in the Big Woods is the first book in the series named Little House written by Laura Ingalls Wilder and the story is narrated by Cherry Jones. In this book, the author has started the story that gave rise to the other books in the series that covers most of the events for which the inspiration came from the author’s own life events as they are similar to the American pioneers.
The story plot’s a little cabin house in Wisconsin where a family lives. Laura, her mum, and her father with their dog lived happily in their little house but lived a pioneer life which seems a bit hard or troublesome for some reasons.
Due to the fact the family had to catch up the possible food items or grow them before the winter approaches, it is sometimes hard to manage all the necessities as a pioneer family. They are ready to make their own treats at home when Christmas comes and when spring approaches. But despite all the hardships and needs, the family lives happily and have no fears as they are safe in their little house.
All the 9 little house stories in the series correlate the memories of pioneers who lived happy and heartwarming lives without any issues. They depict the best moments and the most struggling parts of lives in these houses in a very attractive way that kids and adults would never be able to forget them ever. To make sure you rejoice such stories better, you may listen to the Little House on the Prairie, and On the Banks of Plum Creek as well.
List book in the series
- Little House in the Big Woods Audiobook: Little House, Book 1
- Farmer Boy Audiobook: Little House, Book 2
- Little House on the Prairie Audiobook: Little House, Book 3
- On the Banks of Plum Creek Audiobook: Little House, Book 4
- By the Shores of Silver Lake Audiobook: Little House, Book 5
- The Long Winter Audiobook: Little House, Book 6
- Little Town on the Prairie: Little House Book 7
- These Happy Golden Years: Little House Book 8